Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lines suddenly cannot receive calls and the numbers cannot be put into Pub number field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heimsoth

MIS
Apr 4, 2016
US
I got a call from one of my users stating that he cannot receive outside calls. He can make internal and external calls, receive internal calls but cannot receive external calls. After verifying this I found that this is the case for about 19 other lines. When I check the line 0300 is in the public number field, when I try to change it to 5001 I get an error "'5001' is not a valid option for 'Public number'" . I have gone through line by line and have found 5001 being used in no other place as well as the other 18 numbers.

Are you referring to a DID number?. Did it ever work before ?. Was the DID number changed from the Telco?.

With regards to "5001", have you checked in your routing tables or Application DN's in case the digit "5" is being used. I think you can look in all DN's to find this out.

Also check Call Park in case digit "5" is there.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Yes, the numbers worked about 6 days ago, and has been working for years prior to this.
No the DID number was not changed.
The routing table is fine.
Not in park.
The phone switch has been reset.

Thank you for the helpful ideas and we would appreciate any others you may have.

How many digits is the Telco sending 4 ,7, 10? You are trying to change the Public Received Field? And if busy is set to prime?

Telco sending 4 digits.
The public received field for some reason has changed to 0300, when I try to change it back to 5001 it gives me the pop-up error "'5001' is not a valid option for 'Public number'".
This is also happening on line 5002, 5003, and so on. Other lines however are working just fine 5032, 5053, and so on.

I looked at my BCM50 and see that DN's 500, 501 and 502 are hunt group DN's. This could be where the conflict is occurring. Look under Dialing Plan - DN's and renumber these to something else and then see if you can add 5001, 5002, etc as received digits.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Under dialing plan it only has private and public, 5001 does not appear in any of the hunt groups.
we're using release 3.6 build 2.2c

3.6 is old release software. It's a bit different from the BCM50 R6 I have as it uses Windows NT OS and programs through a browser interface, where the later release systems are Linux OS and program through Element Manager software. It could be a B2 DN that's conflicting with the received digits.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back