Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lines show as "in use"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbob1120

Technical User
Jun 16, 2003
US
In trying to set up a conference call at the main console, we have somehow managed to have 2 lines showing as in use all the time. How do I "undo" this mistake?

This happened to me as well a few weeks ago. What I did was go down to the wiring closet and just pull out the connecter for one of the 2 outside lines. They then both cleared out. Somehow, we did a "loop" thing that connected both lines together.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

Michael.

sounds like you have HUNG LINES

On the set you were doing the conf. call from:
Hit FEATURE * 0
Press the button of the hung line.
Press SHOW or #
press DROP or *
If that was the set that redirected the line, it should drop the line for you.

MarvO said it

If pulling out the plugs for the outside lines does not work, you will need to cycle the power on the system to clear the memory. This happened to me a few weeks ago, and we tried to get the lines to re-set by un-plugging the outside line from the block and that didnt work, so we had to cycle the power to clear.

You might want to see if your lines are set for Supervision. This once happened to me while tech supporting this and this cleared the problem.

NamLy555@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back