Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lines of code

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie1983

Programmer
Sep 9, 2003
GB
Hi,

I am writing a program which shall count the lines of code in each sub or function in a VB.Net program, however i would like to code this in VB6- any ideas as to how i can implement this?

any help is much appreciated :)

Regards

newbie1983

Download mztools from here, it already does this for you and it's a great addin.

Two strings walk into a bar. The first string says to the bartender: 'Bartender, I'll have a beer. u.5n$x5t?*&4ru!2[sACC~ErJ'. The second string says: 'Pardon my friend, he isn't NULL terminated'.

You may do better with VB.NET questions in the VB.NET forum (forum796) rather than posting in here (VB5/6 forum)

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

for steam enthusiasts

John, newbie1983 writes "would like to code this in VB6-"

zemp

Thanks zemp, I read the VB.NET program bit! OOPS [blush]

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

for steam enthusiasts

I've used this tool:

The trial version has a limit of 10 files and 30 days, but the full version is only $25.

I showed the boss the results (3300 kloc in our main product, 1100 kloc in the code I work on), and he was a little shocked -- it seems we were under-resourced compared to industry norms, and he was able to use this to justify hiring some more developers to help us out.

Chip H.

WOW, someone found a valid use for a count of lines of code...

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back