Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lines not displaying in front of watermark

Status
Not open for further replies.

smasaitis

Programmer
Jul 31, 2000
US
I am using CR 8.5.

I put a watermark on my report by inserting the image into the page header, then underlaying the section. The text displays with the image in the background which is great except that the lines in the details section are not displaying. Once the lines reach the image, the lines disappear behind the image.

I know that there is not a transparency issue with the image because the text displays fine in front of the image. The image is taking precedence over the lines and I cannot force the lines to be in front of the image.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

smasaitis

Graphic objects are handled differently than text based objects in Crystal, and there is no control over this behavior.

The only workaround I have found is to create an Empty Text object, and give it a single top border (ie a line). This can be brought to the front, above the image and used to create a line effect (albeit not as flexible as a true line). Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back