Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lines not beeing released properly on a CICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y0m3r0

ISP
Jun 12, 2003
US
Hi there, im having a strange problem with CICS with software release version 6.1, when an outside call is received, operator picks it up, then transfers the call to an internal number, while the transfered call is ringing on the internal station, if the outside call is terminted, the internal station will keep ringing indefently, after 6 rigns returns the call back to the operator and will keep ringig there, till you pick it up (just to hear a busy tone) and manually hang it up.

Any ideas?

no disconnect supervision at one or both the places - check that

Lines are set to unsupervised, but i have also tried setting them to supervised with same reults.

Thanks

thats one part ...verify your CO has it 'enabled'

CO uses unsupervised lines, we've installed several CICS and MICS without a single problem till now.

Wierd thing also if the outside call is ringing at the operator station and call is terminated, it ends it correctly, the problem only comes when you transfer the outside call to an inside station as desribed above.

You need to find out why the lines are unsupervised.
The Co should put supervision on.
This may be part of the problem.
Gabriel

Does the same thing happen to all lines?
Does the same thing happen when calls are placed on hold and the caller drops off the line?
Depending on what area you are in you might have to specify line disconnect supervision from Telco

Indefinitly or 6 rings? Sounds like it is going to the main answering position to do a call process.

If your lines are not supervised & your system is not set to supervised, then they are not supervised.

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Lines are unsupervised, as i mentioned avobe, this is not the first CICS we've installed here, this is the first one we have had this prblem with.

The problem happens on all lines (4).

Not indefintly on the internal station, the call returns to the operator on no answer on 6 or 4 rings (on the internal station), and keeps ringing there (operator station) indefintly.

Thanks

CLID CARD OR LS/DS?
You can try swapping but I still think trouble is within the supervision from telco and PBX.

LS/DS Cards, i've tried with 2 differentes cards ( both new ), i've also tried with a new CICS module, the only thing i haven t switched has been the software.

I've also moved the whole CICS to another place, with different lines, and does the same thing.

Not sure if youve got the latest and greatest software: I'll post this info, it might not relate but hope it helps..
ITAS MICS/CICS 6.1 MR WI 6.10 (August 2004)

Norstar MICS 6.1 MR wi 6.10 and CICS 6.1 was release to the marketplace in August 2004 as a maintenance release to the current stream of software. Software Release Notice (SRN) 026 product line. This new release incorporates several fixes to the core software that have been found since the release of MICS/CICS wi 6.05 described in SRN 024. A replacement process is in place and described below.
This SRN is valid for one year from the date of issue, expiring August 31, 2005.

Issues resolved in MICS 6.1 MR wi 6.10

A frozen set display and subsequent failure of parking calls (F74) and retrieving parked calls can occur when picking up the handset during dialing of a number starting with the Park Prefix.

A scenario where T1 E&M Channels were locking up.

A supervisor silent monitoring a hunt group call performs "join", "leave" and then "exit" functions but remains connected to the call.

Callers transferring through CAA (centralized auto attendant) on NVM to the remote site gets dead air or an incorrect mailbox.

PRI calls tandeming through the KSU via the Auto DN or DISA DN do not get completed when the caller paused during the dialing out of the outgoing call.

Issues resolved in CICS 6.1 MR wi 6.10

A frozen set display and subsequent failure of parking calls (F74) and retrieving parked calls can occur when picking up the handset during dialing of a number starting with the Park Prefix.

A supervisor silent monitoring a hunt group call performs "join", "leave" and then "exit" functions but remains connected to the call.

Callers transferring through CAA (centralized auto attendant) on NVM to the remote site gets dead air or an incorrect mailbox.

I would take the lines off the system and connect your buttset to one of the co lines at dmarc. call the number with your cell answer call with butt set. then hang up call with buttset and vise versa. if you here on the cell phone or buttset that the call has not been diconnected the problem is on the co side.

If the call disconnects properly it is your cics. change all lines to supervised and change the timing on the lines. If problem persists I would contact your vendor.

I have had a similar issue, but changing the timing on the lines solved my problem.

kgrant

Might also change the loss package on each line. Go from Long CO to Short CO to see if there is a difference. Also set lines to Supervised. BUT let them stay that way. Can't hurt, and sometimes programming changes take much longer to write in than you may think.

PhM

VVV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back