Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lines are invisible when dragged!

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomph

Technical User
Oct 10, 2000
US
When I draw lines, they are invisible until I let go of the mouse button. Also, when I tug an existing line to curve it, it's also invisible until I let go. Really hard to draw when I cant see what I'm doing until after the fact; I have to guess what it's going to look like. I installed flash 5, but same problem. Is this a hardware or software problem? [sig][/sig]

Hi!

I would say it is a software problem. There is no way (that I could think of) that hardware would restrict you from viewing lines. If there was a hardware problem you probably wouldn't be able to use Flash, or any other software PROPERLY due to a handicap (ie. no mouse, keyboard, hdd, blown monitor etc). The only thing I could think of (other than just reinstalling Flash, which it looks as though you've done) is a complete software rebuild if this is mission critical stuff and you could actually be bothered to reinstall everything.

Get back to us if you manage to fix the problem without a software rebuild, I'd be very interested in knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

Regards,
[sig]<p>Napalm 2000<br><a href=mailto:hlechler@hotmail.com>hlechler@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= 2000's Domain</a><br>[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back