Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lines are drawn from the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoustonGuy

Programmer
Jun 29, 2000
US
When trying to draw a line shape, it doesn't draw it from the beginning point to the end point. Obviously I've toggled something that causes the line to be drawn from the middle outwards.

I can't find the command to return the function to normal - where I click a starting point then click the end point to create a line.

Frustrating as #$%*!!!!
Help!!

:)

Maybe your preferences need to be reset to their install state, they sometimes get "hosed" and strange happen.

While holding down the [Ctrl Alt Shift ] keys,

Click your Photoshop shortcut
or
Start > All Programs > Photoshop.

A Message Box will ask "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings File" to which you answer Yes.

The Preferences file will be rebuilt to factory settings and hopefully your problem is fixed.

Sam

Thanks mscallisto.

Will this reset my palette? I'd be concerned about that - but I guess I should save my palette for safety anyway.

I know I tapped a command to change it by mistake. It acted normally, then I must have changed it inadvertently in the middle of a project. Frustrating.

Yes it should reset all preferences to their installation state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back