Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line specific VM blocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountainbear

Programmer
Sep 27, 2009
CA
I have a client with a private line (line 4) this rings in his office as well as in his private residence. When people call in to the private line, his phone rings (4 times) then goes to his personal voice mail.
He does NOT want voice mail to pick up (ON his PRIVATE line 4) however he wants to have it ring to his desk and would like to have the other lines (1-3) answered by his VM if he does not pick up.
Is there a way to set up his personal mailbox to be line selective?
Only option I could come up with is a second phone.

What phone system/voice mail and software versions? Put the fourth line in a hunt group and it will ignore the call forwarding settings.

Marv ccna

or if old system bite the bullet and have a residence phone with a mailbox but FNA ring count is shorter than the business phone.
If it was my house I would have full AA with "for Da Boss press 1, for the Nagger press 2 for the Rug Rats press 3.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Phone system is a Norstar CICS (don't know version) with Call Pilot.
This is a winery but the owners live onsite. They have several phones in the house (line 4) plus several in the office. The owner does not EVER want the residence line to go to VM. But he wants it to ring on his office phone along with the other three lines that do go to VM.
Not sure how the Hunt group will work because line 4 is called directly (Never goes thru the AA).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back