Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line Side Trunk and an IVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastcoast10

Technical User
Apr 11, 2011
CA
I have two line side trunks facing a periphonics IVR.

The IVR lists a number of DNs of type IVR.

If you look in the PBX itself you will find that these DNs are associated with a range of TNs that are configured as 500 type analogue set appearances.

I have looked at my route data block. I was expecting to clearly see a route definition that you could point to and say "this route is the 48 channels of the IVR." It is not that clear. I have a candidate for that role, it is defined as Type COT and listed as PRIV but it really doesn't indicate that it supports the 48 channels of the line side trunk; from the configuration one could just as easily conclude it is a single line.

Question 1: How is the line side trunk defined in your route tables; what is typical?

Question 2: Is there a load and printout that allows the administrator to clearly see how those analogue extensions configured in the PBX for the IVR are associated to the Line Side trunk or is there something in the CLS of those analogue extensions that provide the mapping to the line side trunk?

Question 3: What I was really look for was the signaling used on these line side trunks. The candidate for this role in my route table is not defined as a digital trunk/PRI. I assume it is using loop start or ground start signaling on a robbed bit line. Any ideas?

1: It is not a line side "trunk". I think you will find that you have line side "extensions". As such there is no associated RDBs

2: LD 20.... PRT....TNB.... and the rest. They are simple analog extensions in reality.

3: I think (been a long time) that it is a form of CAS (Channel Associated Signalling). Given that these are extensions, and not trunks, there are no associated D Channels etc.

I think we need to determine what cards you have for sure. Do they say Line Side on them? If so then yes, they are just analog ports via a t-1.

The T1's are on NT5D11AE cards. The top of the card is labelled "Line Side T1 Interface".

Then yes, they are just analog ports that are carried over a t-1 connected to your IVR. Pretty common set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back