Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line Settings-Rec'd #-4,5,8 can not program as 1st digit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcommusa

Technical User
Sep 28, 2006
US
Receiving 4 digits from lec on new PRI.
The new did range is 4100-4250.
In line settings-rec'd #--I can not program 4,5 or 8 as the 1st digit.Any other # works fine.
I checked programming-no conflict with DN #'s,hunt groups or any thing else in the #ing plan that I can find.
Any ideas?

Whats your DN length? Have you checked the B2 DNs? Am sure they are there..

Another way, goto CHANGE DNs and start with 4100 and change to 6100, 4101 to 6101, etc.. If three digit DNs, change 410 to 610, 411 to 611, etc up to 425 to 625.. This should clear the range for you..

DB..

DN length=3 digits.
Change dn will not allow 4,5 or 8.
No B2's=4 series #'s.(In maintenance)

The number of dn digits doesn't matter. For example- if your b1 or b2 dn's are 456-599, and you're receiving 10 digits starting with a 4,5, or 6, you'll have to change your b2 dn's to 7xx-8xx. No way around it. It's all about the first digit dialed from intercom. I know- why?- that's just how it works. If a digit dialed from an intercom call conflicts with rec digits, you'll have to change one or the other.

Make sure you check your pool codes, too.

No b-2's =4 series dn #'s.
No DN's start with 4,5 or 8.
No line pool codes etc.

If you dial 4,5 or 8 it comes up as Denied in admin.

Denied in admin means the system is trying to do something with that digit, which means it's assigned somewhere. A pool code may be 81, but the "8" is the relevant digit.

Even B1 & B2 DN's not in use can be a factor- with or without XC sw.

Gotta quote Nortel-

A received number cannot be the same as, or be the start digits
of a line pool access code, a destination code, the DISA DN or
the Auto DN.

From the 4.0 installer manual. These haven't changed.

Or a B2 dn, in use, or not. I've run into this, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back