Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line rolling to busy signal after 1 ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2003
US
I have a NEAX 2400 IMX.

We recently changed from copper to a dynamic T1 line for our calls. When this change happened, we no longer have outbound caller ID. I have been told that this will not work (we are in a rural area) because the telco is not able to do it. Because we are a hospital we have to have the outbound caller id, so we got 4 regular lines (I believe they are a ground start), and set up a route (#8) to go across those lines. When I do the #8 and call a number it rings one time then goes to a busy signal. If I access the trunk directly, it will call and ring as long as I let it. Any suggestions to look at for a fix? (I am not familiar with command line commands, but use Matworx often).

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Two things to check

Make sure on ground start lines that the line is set to the correct polarity, by flipping the Tip and ring it may fix the problem, Busy out all but one line and test each separately in case one line is wrong

ARTD
CDN 1 =2 CDN 2= 3 CDN 3 = 2 CDN 4 = 3
CDN 5 = 3 CDN 6 = 1 CDN 15 = 1 (CDN 15 IS FOR LOOP OR GROUND START )

This sounds like it could be a digit length problem. But I only have occasional dealings with this type so I can't say for sure. It sounds like a timeout is being reached if you get my meaning. I only fix them when they break so I seldom get faults relating to install problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back