Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line Redirection - Different lines redirected to different numbers?

Feb 14, 2002
US
Hi

MICS 6.1 MR FC NT7B66CU
Analog lines

Is it possible to redirect 2 different numbers to seperate off-site numbers from one extension?
Example:
Extension 221
Line 1 forwards to 111-111-1111
Line 2 forwards to 222-222-2222

Or would the redirect need to be perfromed on 2 different extensions like this?
Extension 221 Line 1 forwards to 111-111-1111
Extension 222 Line 2 forwards to 222-222-2222

Thanks,
Steve

Yes!

"Line Redirect" is when you choose an incoming line, then choose and outgoing line to your destination (although setup is actually backwards).
It creates a conference with 2 lines.
So you would need 4 lines in case 2 calls come in at the same time.

I had a client that had 3 or 4 lines redirected with a PRI and I did it remotely via the RAD and used the line appearances on the RAD on the PC to do it, so yes you can do as many as need if you have enough lines available on the system.

The best way to do this is to make sure all lines are in a pool, make sure the set is allowed "Line Redirect" in capabilities.
Setup a pool code or destination code with route to use Pool X

Usage:
F84
Intercom
Dest/Pool code + Phone number

-Example: 9xxx-xxx-xxxx
Select the line to be redirected (if all lines were to go to the same person and not 2 then you would select ALL Lines)

If you do not have a Line 3 and 4 to help out then best to see if your Carriers has Call Forward feature on your lines:

Line 1:
Press Line 1, *72, enter 111-111-1111
Line 2:
Press Line 2, *72, enter 222-222-2222

In some case the called party must answer to confirm the forward, or do it twice and you will get the confirmation tones (beep beep).

To cancel the forward press a line , *73

Thanks Curly. That's good news. Yes, they have plenty of lines in case they get a few calls at once.
I'm glad I won't have to tell them they have to use different extensions to forward different lines.
They use to use the normal *72/*73 for their forwarding but they just switched providers and surprisingly the type of service they now have has no features at all.
They have Spectrum fiber and I believe the service is delivered via SIP with an analog handoff. New and improved service and they lose features.

Thanks for your help.
Steve

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back