Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line programming 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinuxDude

Programmer
Jun 14, 2001
GB
I'm sure I'm being completely stupid and have missed the relevent section of the Systems Administration Guide, but I'm trying to figure out how to re-program an extension to remove a line from one of its buttons (the line in question is a single analogue line, not a hunt group).
Feel free to just point me at the right docs for this (I'm not sure if the manuals are different around the world, but this is the UK version as sold by BT).

I was right, I was being extraordinarily dumb ;)

I now understand much more about how the Norstar works - I was coming at it from totally the wrong angle before.

Out of interest, does anyone know of any other forums/newsgroups/faqs/etc that cover the Norstar? I'm interested in learning more about it (especially the lower level technical stuff).

Cheers folks.

Im sure that you just went in under terminal and set enter your extension number. When in to lines and removed it, right? Not all versions of software are the same if you have and old version lets say DR5 it would be different. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Yeah, I went into the Extention's Line Access section and removed the lines that I didn't need.

I'm not sure which software version our Norstar is running, but it was only installed about 3 weeks ago, so I'm guessing it's a fairly recent version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back