Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line in not playing on speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

scassaday

Technical User
Feb 26, 2006
US
I have a video capture machine that I am using as my tv. this setup has worked very well in the past but all of a sudden im no longer able to get sound that is sent to the line in on my sound card to play on my speakers. If I go to sound recorder and hit record it shows that I have sound being pumped in its not not "forwording" it to the out portion of the card. Could this be a driver issue ? Like I said it worked fine in the past. Is there some secret place im missing that says play the the line in out on the speeakers ??

thanks for any help

Check to see that the line in volume control is not set too low or is muted. Right click on the speaker icon in the system tray and select Open Volume Controls.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Confirm that you have sound out of the speakers from playing .WAV files, audio CD, Windows system sounds, etc.

Any errors shown against sound card devices in Device Manager?

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back