Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line graph - plot zero values

Status
Not open for further replies.

abujega

Programmer
Sep 3, 2007
GB
Hi,

I'm using CRXI, and I want to include a line chart which shows the values of Actual_Amount (a running total) and Target_Amount (taken from my database) on change of Period. Everything works fine except for when the Actual_Amount is zero.

In 'Report Options' I have checked 'Convert Database NULL values to default' and 'Convert other NULL values to default', but this hasn't helped. All that happens is that instead of going from a Point 1(1000) to Point 2(zero) to Point 3(1500), it goes directly from Point 1 to Point 3.

Does that make any sense and if so, can anybody help?

Thanks

Try replicating your report as a Crosstab in the report header or footer. Then base your chart on the cross tab, that should then cater for the zeros.

In your existing report, the RTs are returning zero when no data found. You chart is charting only data found, since the zero does not really exist it does not appear in the chart.

Ian

If a running total finds nothing, it will end up as null. I've run across this in totals, and got round it by using a formula field saying
Code:
if IsNull({#ThatTotal}) then 0
else {#ThatTotal}
It will then display as zero on the grand total or whatever. I've not tried using it in a crosstab or graph, but it should work.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Ian,

I didn't explain this properly, but I need a chart for each Agent in the report, therefore I don't think I can use cross-tabbing as this will just generate a chart for the whole report. Do you have any other ideas?

Madawc, thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't work either. As there is no data found for the running total to evaluate, there is no data for the chart to use, despite that formula returning 0 for the null values.

Thanks

If all else fails, I suspect our CRChart replacment chart library could handle this.

DISCLAIMER: I work for the company, threedgraphics.com, that makes this product. This product costs money.

Dan Weingart
OEM Technical Manager
Three D Graphics, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back