Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line graph displays too much data

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadr

MIS
Nov 9, 2003
US
I have a Line Graph (absolute) that shows sales for Fiscal Yr 2008 and Fiscal Yr 2009 by Fiscal week. The sales quantities are displayed on the Y axis, while an attribute on the X axis displays the week of year number (1 through 52). My intention is to all 52 data points for fiscal year 2008, and the data points for fiscal year 2009, to date.

If year 2008 & 2009 sales are represented by Red and Blue lines respectively, and the report is executed on fiscal week of year 21 (200921), then I would expect to see a graph with 52 divisions on the X axis. The red line would display across all 52 data points on the graph, while the blue line would display from week 01 through week 21.

When the report is executed, the Red (2008) line displays data from week 1 through 52, as expected, and the Blue (2009) line displays data from week 1 through week 21. However, the blue line drops to zero at week 23 and continues displaying a value of zero through week 52. My question is, how do I configure the report, in order to display all 52 week in 2008 and ONLY 22 weeks in 2009?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back