Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

zcole

Technical User
Feb 17, 2004
US
This is hard to explain, so to reiterate what I am trying to duplicate, you'll have to look at the link. All of the graphics on this page have multiple horizontal lines on top of them that give the images some texture. I am wondering if anyone knows of a filter that will duplicate this effect and/or how to recreate it. It kind of reminds me of television lines...see for yourself:

make a new image(transparent) 2 pixels high (or multiples of two for thicker lines) and any width.

Fill exactly half the height with black, select with the rectangular marquee tool, or single row marquee tool- behind the rectangular marquee tool in the toolbar.

Once done deselect and go to 'Edit>Define Pattern'.

Select this pattern in the options of the paint bucket tool, make a new layer above your desired image and fill with the pattern. for thicker lines increase the pattern pixel height by an even number and fill half.

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

Great, that was easy enough. Thanks for the help!

You can also look on your Photoshop disk for the DitherBox filter. Veeeery handy.

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back