Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line ('- - - - - ') does not justify align when output is PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakeez

Programmer
Dec 15, 2005
GB
Hi,

To make a long story short. I am working on a report that requires a PDF output.

Now I want to left align a column say Amount so that:

Amount
---------
100$

So naturally I have a field for text 'Amount' a field for text '- - - -' and I right justify both of them.
For text output, this works fine as it should. For pdf output, for some reason, 'Amount' will right justify and '- - -' will left justify so I get:

Amount
---------
100$

I appreciate any input. Other than this being an inherent bug, i see no explanation

What I do is not use a line. Instead I use the border property on the Amount text field. Set the border so that only the Bottom is checked (Format/Line/Border) and the line type (Format/Line/Dash) to dashes. Left align the text field.

Alternatively, you might try anchoring the line to the text field.

[sup]Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.[/sup][sup] ~George Bernard Shaw[/sup]
Consultant Developer/Analyst Oracle, Forms, Reports & PL/SQL (Windows)
My website: Emu Products Plus

Make sure all 3 fields have "End justify" formatting applied. Try putting all 3 fields in a frame flush right frame side.

Thanks BJCooper, I will try your advice and let you know.

What do you mean by anchoring the line to the text field. In fact I have two cases, both of which do not work.

The first is the one outline in the first post:two fields, one for 'Amount', the other for '-----' both of which are right aligned. The second case is actually just one field for both with a return right after Amount and that field is also right justified. Both don't work! What do you mean by "try anchoring the line to the text field."

Nagornyi, all fields have 'End Justify', it works for text output but not pdf output.

I will let you know what happens :) Thanks both of you.

If you draw an anchor from the amount field to the text field and set the anchor's collapse properties to "No", it might adjust properly when converted in the PDF. However that won't work if your heading is just boilerplate text.

You also might try simply setting the underline property on for the "Amount" text (if a solid line instead of dashes is acceptable).

[sup]Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.[/sup][sup] ~George Bernard Shaw[/sup]
Consultant Developer/Analyst Oracle, Forms, Reports & PL/SQL (Windows)
My website: Emu Products Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back