Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

MandyDroid

Programmer
Aug 25, 2009
US
I am new to Digium. I have a client that needs me to create a line coverage (that is what it was called in Avaya). I am using Polycom 321 phones. Basically this is for a administrative assistant to answer her bosses calls at will. I have to believe this is an easy feature to enable but I do not know where to begin. Please help and thanks in advance!

Avaya, Panasonic, Polycom, APC, MCP, A+, CCENT
##################################
"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

You should be able to create a BLF, busy lamp field, button for each person the assistant is covering. This button will then flash when ringing or be solid when on the phone. Within that programming, you should be able to also have it use the callpickup feature when the flashing button is pressed.

If you want the phone to ring, create a new extension. Add this account to the Polycom and apply to button desired.

Then use the followme function to have this extension start to ring when the bosses phone rings.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back