Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line chart overlaying a stacked bar chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

seasidebob

Programmer
Jul 26, 2012
GB
Hi
I have a Crystal XI R2 report with a vertical stacked bar chart.
A chart is published for each customer and shows sales quantity for each of the last 12 months, with each segment being a stock category.
I would like to overlay a line chart showing total sales for each month reported in previous years.
Any ideas how I may achieve this?

Although I have considered overlaying a chart, I think the following may be a problem:
- I must have auto-scale on the Y axis
- It may be possible that my line chart or the stacked bar may not have any data (i.e. no sales in previous years, or no sales in last 12 months respectively).

If not possible then I have a back-up plan of showing the previous year sales in a table beneath the chart as a sub-report.
Thanks in advance.

I think there's something called Underlay, and perhaps it can overlay. Never used it, try SEARCH here to get details.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back