Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line change format extends to rest of document

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomorrow

Programmer
Jan 9, 2003
AU
When changing the format of a whole line within an Office XP Word Document to B I U Center, Left, Right etc. the format is extended to the rest of the document. What setting do I need to change to stop this happening.

Thanks in advance

Tomorrow

You may want to turn on your Show/Hide button on the toolbar. Make sure the Paragraph marker (hard return) after the line is not Formated with B I U.

Fields (as in form fields), hard (carriage) returns etc can be formatted just like text.

Highlight the line that you want the formatting to and then add formatting. You may need to add continuous section breaks before and after the formatted section that will separate it from the rest of the document. A lot of formatting options give you the choice to only apply to selected text.

If a full line of text is selected without the hard return the problem still occurs. Then reformatting the hard return does not return the rest of the document to its original state.

Rather than adding a section break I have found that if I do Ctrl-Z immediately after the change of format the rest of the text is returned to normal. If you don't do this immediately a large document can be totally altered.

Thanks for your input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back