Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line busy instead of forwarding to second line

Status
Not open for further replies.

apmr0404

Technical User
Oct 31, 2017
US
Starplus STS phone system. We have two different numbers connected to our system.

I have used you guys as a reference over the last couple months and learned to program (sort of). I have everything set up on all stations and voicemail except one big problem:

We have 2 different phone lines at our company so one can forward to the next one if the other one is busy. People only call the main line and it used to just forward it so another station could pick it up on CO2 or CO3. Now if two people call at the same time, one of the calls will be call waiting until the receptionist is off the phone. How can I split this up to forward that second call to an open line?

I do understand how to get into the admin settings if someone could quickly explain the area I can go to change this. Much appreciated!

This is a function of your service provider, not the telephone system. The lines should "hunt" from first line to second line. Nothing in the phone system can make this happen...

Mike Forrence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back