Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

line assignment and "Hotline" trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comput3rGuy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2012
US
I am added a line and extension to a Magix system. The extension is 399 and the line in named 818 in the system. The goal is to have the line ring only at the extension. I have done this in the past successfully, but for some reason this time the extension has gotten the label of "Hotline" and the phone (extension and number) rings all main phones in the building. I am looking for two answers here. 1) Why could this be? 2) Can someone please provide me with the steps to get the end result I am looking for? Which is the phone number assigned to 818 to ring only extension 399. Thank you in advance.

from operator console or winSPM go to system programming, start, extensions, more,more, hotline, then remove ext #399 from list. then extensions, lines n trunks , ext #399 and add 818 to appear on #399.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back