Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line appearance problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlinman

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2001
US
One of my clients has a SOE ver 4.0(7) with 4 pots coming in. They want me to add line appearances to their 6416 phones but when I try to add a line appearance, the action data drop down is blank. I do have line ids programmed (21 to 24) Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Each line ( channel for BRI or PRI ) must have a unique Line Appearance ID.
Then they will show up in the drop down list.

NIHIL NOVI SUB SOLE

I do have unique line appearance ids, sorry that is what I meant by the 21 to 24, I have since changed the line appearance ids to 721 to 724 but they still don't show up in the drop down...weird huh?

Maybe update to 4.0.14 or 4.1.9. I have a SOE 4.1.9 here at home and the line appearance buttons are ok.

NIHIL NOVI SUB SOLE

I have a 406 (3.254) with a PRI T1, and I have two trunk groups set up in the 406 for the PRI. What is the best way to setup dial 9 outside dialing. When I set it up all calls go out one trunk group.

Use ARS and set the Not in Service to use the 2nd Trunk Group

so Shortcode 9N, dial N, ARS 50 Main

In 50 Main, short code N, dial N, Trunk Group 1 (enable secondary dial tone and enable out of service use ARS: NewARS

In NewARS set the same short code but use the next hunt group.

you should really have started a new thread for this though!

I did have 91 in the prefix and have removed it, still nothing in the line appearance action data drop down.

I will try and upgrade to the lastest ver tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back