Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line access for a compact -CICS 4X16 w/ 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

planet910

Technical User
Jan 22, 2007
US
Hi,

When I call remotely from my cell phone into the system, line 1 appears. However, when attempting to make an outbound call on line 1, it appears to be dead. The line is setup up to ring and appear on all sets. I have done a master reset on the system in attempts to see if I programed a restriction to line 1.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated,

thanks

what are u saying...line 1 incomming works and when you dial out its dead?...How are u dialing out?What key are you using to dial out?when u do a button inquirey it says line 1?Are you using a line pools?

Program Line 1 into its own pool say Pool C then give Pool C an access code of 7, press Intercom then 7 and see if it grabs line 1 then see if it still appears dead.
If so take line 1 and move it to another line port on the KSU and test to see if same symptom as you might have a bad line port.
If line 2 works then swap lines 1 and 2, if problem is now on line 2 on the KSU your issue is with the Telco where it does not supply dial tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back