Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

limiting permisson on a MSAccess Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpbruce1

MIS
Aug 2, 2004
US
I am very new to Access and I've created a simple Sales Budget Database with a switchbaord in access. I also have a "Welcome [network User ID]" text box, so when the Sales Budget Access Application is opened it displays the users Network ID. I was able to get this from a VB Module code that will return the network user id called "fOSUserName".

So now that I have their user id, when they open the form to search for their sales customers I want to Limit who they can see. I want them only to to be able to search for THEIR sales customers based off their Network User id. However I want their managers to be able to see all Sales Customers.
Also if this helps within the sales budget table their user id is one of the fields.

Any ideas how to accomplish this....

Make another table called tblmanagers

in tblmanagers have 2 fields. manageruserid and networkuserid

then for each manageruserid list the networkuserids they manage
and for each networkuserid have a entry that says they are there own managers.

Then when a person logs on look in this table and determine which networkuserids are available for viewing and then query your form to reflect this.

This will allow the managers to see multiple network ids' customers and only the individuals can see there corresplonding customers

ck1999

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back