Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Limiting inbound PRI calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontworx

Technical User
Apr 9, 2003
US
I have a customer that we just upgraded their MICS to 7.1, and installed a PRI. They told me at lunch they want to be able to limit the amount of call comming in to only 2-3 total calls at once and still have a live person answer. We already had their main number put into a smaller trunk group on the PRI to limit it to 6 total. Currently all 4 of the receptionist phones are set up woth 3 appearences of the main target line and 7 SWCA keys. Anyone have any good Ideas??? Everything I try doesn't work very well.

What do they want the other callers to hear?

VM? Then program a service mode for Lunch.

Busy? There are ways to force the Norstar to send busy, but I don't think that'd work on a timetable like that.

Effectively, they either take calls at lunchtime, or they don't. Any other option seems to be a dis-service to their customers. (Sorry, you weren't caller #3, so you'll have to call back later.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back