Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Limiting a data entry form to new data 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shteev

Programmer
Jul 15, 2003
I've create a form in MSAccess 2000 to which I'm using to allow a user to enter new data into a table. However, when the form opens, it always opens with the data for row 1 in the table.

Its simple enough to click on the 'new record' button at the bottom of the screen before entering new data, but to be safe, how can I force the form to open for new data automatically? Can I lock the form so that existing data can never be accessed from with it?

In design view display the form properties and set the Data Entry property to Yes.

I knew it had to be something simple; I couldn't track it down because I kept selecting the properties for something IN the form (usually the body of the form) rather than for the ENTIRE form (selectable by right clicking in the form design window, but outside the form area).

Thanks.

Is there also a simple way of setting up the form so that only one new record can be added?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back