Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

limited user's internet access inconsistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCWMS

MIS
Mar 25, 2004
US
Using WinXP Pro SP2, with cable connection and linxsys wireless router, zone alarm free firewall and avg antivirus. A default install of all software.

this pc is connected by cat 5 to router sitting on desk.

I can get online only sporadically. I boot up Firefox (or even IE) and get the " can't be found" message. I sometimes have to reboot the machine a couple of times before I can get onine. I know the router and cable connection are good because I am online with my laptop day and night. No problems what-so-ever.

The kids are annoying the hell out of me and the wife is gettig pissed off saying things like "...you can program databases at work but you can't fix my internet?"

Help!

kcwms

You say "limited user". Does it work normally if you log in as the administrator?

franklin97355,

The answer would be "not always"... but I can open the network connections properties box and click the repair button. Limited users do not have access to this button. It is greyed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back