Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

limited or no connectivity wireless internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mogger

Technical User
Dec 28, 2009
GB
I have recently had problems with wireless myself and have tried many things suggested on several different forums - all to no avail. However, I have sorted it and it was quite simple.

If you have had your wireless working previously and your IP address starts with 169 (eg 169.168.1.65) then the best thing for you to do is simply uninstall the driver then restart your computer and it will automatically install the driver again.

To check your IP address:

-double click on the connection in question (either on toolbar or in network connections)
-click on the Support tab
-the IP address should be fairly obvious (eg 169.168.1.65 or it will start with 192 if it is assigning it correctly)

To uninstall the driver:

-double click on the connection in question (either on toolbar or in network connections)
-click on the General tab
-click Properties at bottom
-click Configure
-click on Driver tab
-click Uninstall (you could always try Roll Back Driver however chances are you won't have any backup files)

Then restart your computer (a message should come up on the toolbar telling you a Driver has been found and it should install it). Then try connecting again. All you should need to do is enter the correct password when prompted, assuming you have one - if not then get it sorted!

Good Luck!

thread730-1203479

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back