Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Limitations on simultaneous logins to switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of people who can be signed in to the switch either by using DSA or a dumb terminal? We seemed to be able to get more than 3 in at once and now we can only get 3 in at a time. Everyone else gets a "...terminated by peer..." message.
I can not find anything in documentation or in the switch that would show a limit.

How are you connecting with DSA. If you are using data modules you might be restricted by the number of system-ports.
If you have > v9.5 and a medpro card you can connect DSA using IP.

I've never had this issue but there's usually only two of us logged on at any time.

We will connect 1 of 2 ways. From our desktops we are using DSA via IP (C-LAN) and from DUM terminals using data mod type connection. It seemed that in the recent past we were able to get in at least 4 people if not 5 and now we seem to be at 3.

Thanks!

If you have 3 logged in and get the error I suspect you have a G3si. The are 5 logins (TUI) allowed at the same time. However one is reserved for the Inads port, one is reserved for the SAT port on the back of the PBX the remaining 3 can be accessed remotely. Hope this helps

Thanks

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back