Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Limit to text box control characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm75m

Programmer
Apr 18, 2001
US
I have a form in Access 2000 linked to a SQL2000 back end via ODBC. On this form I have a text box that is bound to a field, with a max of 250 characters, however when I type into the control, it stops at 150 characters. The field actually origially had a lenght of 150, but I moved it up to 250, but the text box control doesn't seem to accept anything over 150. I've relinked the table and recreated the control. I can even open up the table directly, (in Access) and type directly into the field, but the additional characters don't show up in the text box control. Is there a different control that I should be using for this? Any ideas? TIA....

How are ya storm75m . . . . .

It sounds like [blue]you havn't inherited the change[/blue] in character count. [purple]Delete and reinstaniate the textbox in the form . . .[/purple]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back