Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Limit sub report records to a time range on main report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdygirlgear

Programmer
Mar 31, 2020
US
I am working on getting a sub-report to display records related to the dates in the main report parameters, but it's complicated by the detail table in the sub-report.

The table is organized in ascending order by DateTime and its only useful key is the MemberID. The detail table tracks sessions during a visit with a start and end time, the type of session, a sessionid (which does not link to anything), and a member ID. There is no real way to link the sessions connected to a visit other than saying it is >=checkindate and <=checkoutdate. I tried a formula that would exclude incomplete records, meaning there's no check-out date. Other than that, I am having a hard time keeping the sessions in line with the right visits.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Have you tried passing the checkin date and checkout date as subreport links? At that point they become parameters in the subreport that you can use in the filter.

-Dell

Associate Director, Data & Analytics
Protiviti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back