Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Limit "detail section" output

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIMS

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
I have a report that prints potrait to a 8.5 x 11 paper with a removable mailing label. The mailing label is in the page footer. On occaison when there is enough data to force a second page, the data from the detail section flows over into the page footer and on to the mailing label. Why is the data spilling over into the footer (about one line of data) and can it be stopped? I have tried resizing the page footer, group footers, print to fit, nothing seems to help. I am using CR 8.5.

It isn't spilling over, you have multiple rows being generated in th details either because a CAN GROW is set or multiple rows are being returned.

I'd guess that this is a shipping doc or some such, and the paghe has numerous sections being printed. You need to determine which section or field object is expanding.

Generally people control vertical positiong by right clicking sections and selecting insert section to allow for exacting relative positions, and to allow suppression.

Perhaps you have some large section which is growing further into your page footer, or some section has either the Underlay Following Sections or a growing object within.

Try placing a text object in each section so you can determine what is growing, and why.

-k

Synapsevampire,

You are correct that this is a packing list form. My details section grows depending upon the # of materials being returned. The type of material is either a block or slide. There might be one item or 50. No individual fields are set to grow and no underlay following sections is turned on. I don't quite understand the insert section that just adds a blank line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back