Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Limit on number of emails sent per hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

blinton25

Programmer
Mar 20, 2004
BB
Hello,

We have a opt in list which contains 3000 members. When we send out the monthly newsletter our hosting provider limits us to 80 an hour, so it takes the entire day to send out the newsletter.

Is there a way to get around this?

Get a different hosting company or contact them for the premium, extra cost service.

The answer is "42"

Hello,

They don't have an advanced package that supports more emails, and at this point we can't switch. I was wondering if there is a software package that can assist us.

I'm not aware of any software that can limit email sent to a mail server outside your control. It might be possible to set up your own smtp server and have it control the rate it forwards email. I'm shooting from the hip here so don't expect any more from me. Perhaps the thought is the impetus you might need.

slipstick.com may or may not have something useful ?

Hello,

Thanks for the information. I found GroupMail (infacta.com) and their software allows one to either schedule the sending of emails to prevent exceeding the rate specified by the mail server, or a direct send mode, where email is sent direct from the computer which you are working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back