Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Limit Logon Script Completed - Enjoy!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

2marshall8

Technical User
Jul 29, 2006
US
I just finished writing a series of scripts along with your help that enable a network admin to limit users from multiple logons at once. I know that microsoft has already created something like this called:

LimitLogon.exe, but upon looking at thier utility I decided that I didn't want the overhead they required. They want you to install a program on the server and on each workstation which you want involved in limiting multiple logons by the same user.

With the scripts I am providing, If the user is already logged onto a machine and trys to logon to antoher it will prompt them with a message stating they will be logged off and that they must logoff the machine they are on now so that they can logon to the machine they are receiving this message at. The script here is all server side and requires nothing from the client. This is all I will explain.

I have provided an ftp link for you to obtain the detailed readme and the scripts to make this happen. You will have to download it from my public ftp. here are the credentials:

Site: clubpeb.no-ip.info:1609
User: public
Pass: public

This will take you directly to the LimitLogon.rar download.

For any other questions e-mail me: jesseshumaker@gmail.com

thanks for all the help, you guys definately aided me in making this all come together. Now I'm giving back from the fruits of your labor ;)

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back