Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LightScribe 1270d scsi cdrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediwarrior

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2004
US
Hi all,
I have a question for you. On a Dell Presario using Vista for the operating system, it came with a lightscribe cdrom. Suddenly it just quit working, and bought a new lightscribe 1270d scsi cdrom. Now that one has quit working. You can put in a cd and it looks like it is reading it, but then nothing happens. i go into My Computer and look at the drive and it says to insert a cd. I went into device manager, and their was a yellow box with an exclamation mark in it, but all properties did was ask if i wanted to update the driver, but the best driver was being used. i removed the driver and rebooted the computer, it loaded the driver, but i have the same results. And by the way the results are the same as with the original LightScribe. Both are Vista compatible with 32 and 64 bit. Please help.
Thanks,
Jediwarrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back