Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lights going out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikermann

Instructor
Jan 22, 2002
US
MacBook 13" (2006 Intel DuoCore) - OS X 10.6.8 : Seems like the screen is becoming less and less bright over time (adjustment is at highest); occasional flickering as well: are "my lights going out"? and is there a replacement/repair I should consider?

Many thanks.

eBay is flooded with LCD screens for that series. What is the exact model number off the bottom of the laptop? If it is the laptop I'm thinking of it may have an inverter which is likely the culprit. Since they should be significantly cheaper than the LCD screen, I would start by replacing that as it is what should control the brightness of the CFL bulbs in the LCD screen. Note that it could be the LCD screen starting to fail as well, but without known good replacements, it will be a bit of shooting in the dark.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back