Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lightning Source color book specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraRollins

Technical User
Apr 6, 2012
US
I am attempting to upload our twenty-second book to Lightningcource.com. This is the first to be set up as a color book, though and I have gotten error messages at least five times on this one and have given up finding the right way without help. The error message reads: Reason: "INCORRECT PAGE SIZE FOR A COLOR BOOK INTERIOR PDF FILE The page size should be 5.75 x 9 inches, with color extending to the page edge for bleed, or 5.5 x 8.5 if no bleed is required." I am an intelligent person with usually adequate computer skills, but I am stymied here. Has anyone had this problem and worked through it? Or uploaded a color book interior without encountering it... Oh, wouldn't that be loverly!!

I am visiting my grandchildren and away from the office and cannot attach the latest file from here.

...5.5" x 8.5" is portrait orientation, so you quark page setup needs to be this size...the trim size...

...if you have art elements that need to be cut at the trim edges, those art elements need to overlap the trim size (5.5" x 8.5") in quark, and you then need to export to PDF to include a bleed allowance...

...if including a bleed allowance then you need to export your PDF from Quark to include the bleed (+3mm on all sides)...

...don't include any trim marks or color bars on export...

Andrew
==============
- Graphic Design and Web Design, Exeter, Devon, UK.
==============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back