Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lighter print from within photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebjo

Technical User
Jan 31, 2004
DE
When printing my psd document from photoshop it prints much lighter than when I print a saved pdf version from acrobat reader. Printing the same pdf from within photoshop however yealds the desired lighter print again. What is happening here????

Seb

Have you looked at the printer settings (DPI, Lightness/Darkness) just before you print with PShop then Acrobat?

If you print the PDF, the image is converted, compressed, etc. and no layers are preserved.

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples\

Just to add two more cents is it also possible that your PDF has been converted to CMYK and your PSD is RGB? This would give the impression of the one being a bit "lighter" than the other.

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

When printing from Photoshop, my printer is set to print economode (lighter) by default. I have to check off this option before printing. Out of Acrobat though, this default is not present using the same printer. See if you are experiencing default print setting issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back