Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lightbox image popups 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

manarth

Programmer
Jul 2, 1999
GB
Anyone use thumbnail images, which when you click on them popup a fullsize image?

I came across Lightbox (well, actually a web-designer friend found it and told me) and I'm thoroughly impressed. Well worth using, in my opinion.

---
Marcus
better questions get better answers - faq581-3339
accessible web design - zioncore.com

Here is a slightly modified version of the same Lightbox

Its always good to have options!

X

PS: They do have a demo on that page... just look for the phrase:
"Here’s an example of our customized Lightbox in action

Please forgive me but I am new to html. I know enough how to copy some code into frontpage. I have copied to code for Lighbox into the header as instructed but all I come up with is a line of Lightbox code at the top of my page. I tried to download the Lightbox.js file. It will not open and I am probably too inexperienced to know what to do with it (but I am trying). Can you (in simple terms) tell me what to do with this lightbox.js file once saved to my HD. This code will do exactly what I want it to do. I think I just need a bit of a walk thru with setting it up.

msammut

If you're seeing the script tags being output to your page, then chances are you're not saving your page as an HTML file.

I'd ask in the JavaScript forum (forum216) on how to go about including this on your page. I'd make sure that when you post, you include the code you have so far, showing how you've tried to integrate the script. This will definately save time.

Hope this helps,
Dan

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

The Lightbox script doesn't work on IE unfortunately. Those wonderful popups don't work the same way with the background "greyed out" and diffused-liiking.

Do you know of a script I can use which will re-direct those automatically to another page if they are NOT using Firefox?

Appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance...

**Quiquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.**

It does work in IE. Although I believe there are some instances where complex layering is used where it may fail.

Try this page:

Click on one of the links and you should get the image popup from Lightbox, complete with faded background.

There was some difficulty getting this working right in IE, but it was a simple paths problem.

<honk>*:O)</honk>
Foamcow Heavy Industries - Web site design in Cheltenham and Gloucester
Ham and Jam - British & Commonwealth forces mod for Half Life 2

Looks great! I changed over to the new script and it works much better. Which is the file that makes yours grey and mine is black? The overlay file I guess you call it. How do I change it to the lighter Gray?

lexus said:
Looks great! I changed over to the new script and it works much better. Which is the file that makes yours grey and mine is black? The overlay file I guess you call it. How do I change it to the lighter Gray?

In the CSS file, look for the following and change the bold part to alter the overlay colour.

Code:
#overlay{
	position: absolute;
	top: 0;
	left: 0;
	z-index: 90;
	width: 100%;
	height: 500px;
	background-color:[b] #000;[/b]
	filter:alpha(opacity=60);
	-moz-opacity: 0.6;
	opacity: 0.6;
	}

Hope this helps

Wullie

Fresh Look - Quality Coldfusion 7/Windows Hosting

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails. - John Maxwell

Sure does...I changed the 000 to 333 and it looks wonderful! Thanks so much for all your help...

Since I switched to the new version, it works perfect in IE as well as FF. I wasnt doing anything complex so who knows why I couldnt get it to work originally.

PS...Love the quote in your sig....:)

Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back