Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotmale

MIS
Jul 15, 2001
AU
Can anyone please tell me the difference between Enterprise, Standard & lite Licenses?

Can I use lite licenses for the clients if they only use the platform application to connect to the oracle engine running on 1 server?

As for Enterprise vs Standard editions, there are feature differences like parralel query, master/master replication, tablespace point in time recovery to name a few. These features are in EE but not in SE.

As for the Oracle Lite, it is designed as single user db and does not listen to SQL*net connection.

Your Oracle vendor will be very much helpful in providing you more info regarding this.

Certain features are available in Enterprise but not standard, such as bitmap indexes and partitioning. Oracle licensing rules just underwnet some major changes - but last I knew Enterprise was 30% or more costly and also has certain minimums WRT number of named users that Standard does not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back