Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Licensing Question regarding a Test Bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELBeast

MIS
Mar 13, 2006
US
Hi, I'm trying to setup a test bed which consists of one Shoregear 40/8 switch two 560g IP phones and Shoreware Director 6.1. So it's complaining about not having a license, blah, blah and it says that access will be locked out after 45 days. Which is fine because I only need it working for a week, my question is this: Do I need to add an extension license before I can add IP phones to the server? I can't for the life of me get the phones to appear in the Director software. I have the switch and IP map setup okay, have the users created, just no phones are showing up. Any advice?

Do the phones boot up and say available? Once they say that you should be able to assign a user to the mac address of the phone.

I figured it out, turns out it I had fat fingered the VLAN, D'OH! I wasn't sure if the phones had to boot up first and register first or not. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back