Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Licensing question / Arcserve2000 client

Status
Not open for further replies.

vekara

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2003
FI
Hi,

I have following problem. Previous person handling Arcserve didin't make any list of installations. Now I wanted to move a arcserve client license from client to another.

Cause I don't have that list I don't have a clue witch one of those 50 clients licenses (CD's) were for that old server. So I just installed some version but it complains about the license already in use and quitted working after few days.

What to do. If no other I will simply purchase new license. However would like to know more of this for the future. Thanks!

Check the ca.olf file of the old client machine (it is in the C:\CA_LIC directory). There should be a license in there that has a 3WCA product code. If so, just copy the whole ca.olf file to the CA_LIC directory on the new client machine.
This should do. Check the lic98.log file if the CA_LIC errors stop appearing.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back