Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Licensing Problem - It's adding things on it's own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamhutton

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2002
US
I've got a machine that's been upgraded from win2000 server standard to 2003 svr std. Since the initial setup of the 2000 server, it seems to be adding it's own licenses.

It will go month's being perfectly fine, then I'll have to reboot the server for whatever reason, and 10 more cal's appear.

Also, I continually have to revoke licenses in the clients panel of the licensing service. There are many there that are no longer active accounts, or the accounts have been deleted.

Is there any way to clear these accounts out of the licensing service? Or at least get it to quit doing things on its own.

Thanks in advance

Adam Hutton

quoted form
Problem with License Manager

Q: I have followed the instructions in Q153140 and Q194065 on how to reset License Manager information. Two days later, I am getting warnings in my Event Logs that my Windows Server is out of licenses. Its finding ghost users that have been deleted from my system for 3-4 years How do I really delete their licenses and make them stop coming back?

A: Many people have reported the same problem. You may want to disable the License Manager and manage the licenses manually.

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Windows, Network, Internet, VPN, Routing and How to at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back