Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Licensing Error using COMDLG32.OCX in VB6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabowles

MIS
Jun 26, 2001
US
I get the error "Microsoft Visual Basic: Licensing information for this component not found. You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment." The component that it is referencing is Microsoft Common Dialog Control 6.0 (SP6). If I pull this component off of the form it is on, the program executes, however the controls that it implemented are gone, of course. I have done everything possible under the sun from MSDN support articles to heresay from other developers in other forums. This exact same control runs fine in any other program that I use it in. It is only one specific program and it just stopped running on all of our development systems sometimes between September 28 and October 13th. We have ruled out it isn't because of XPSP2, because we have one XPSP2 and one Win98 machine that it will run fine on. I have ran the VB6Cli tool and that did not resolve it. I ran the reg fix utility on Disc 3 of MSVS 6.0 Enterprise in /Tools/VB/Controls/ and that did not fix the problem. I ran the ProjUpgrd.exe file just in case this project was originally created in VB5 as I am not the original author, however I have developed other programs that utilize the same control and run flawlessly. I have completely uninstalled MSVS 6.0 and ran a registry cleaner and reinstalled it, still no resolution. Has anyone had any similar problems? Any ideas or suggestions would be tremendously helpful.
--
David Bowles
Data Conversion Developer

I had this if i create the common dialog programatically, but was fine once i just put a control on the form and referenced it that way.

}...the bane of my life!

Do you actually have an instance of the control ON the form at design time? Or are you just programmatically adding it, as Dave mentioned? If the latter, I read something recently that may help.

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

No, It is an instance of the control "dragged and dropped" on the form that is giving the error.

Thanks again,

David Bowles

I have tried that, too, and it did not resolve the issue. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back