Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

License Tracking Software - Not Auto-scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoJono

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2013
US
Hello,

I need a tool that I can use to track software licenses (mainly Microsoft and Adobe). I've seen a lot of tools that will scan the network and track them that way, but we have a lot of users that are remote and aren't part of our office network. They work in remote offices or out of their homes all over the world. I purchase licenses in blocks, such as 20 at a time. I then hand them out as needed.

I need a tool where I can enter in the total number of licenses I purchase, the cost per license, the license key, etc. I then need to be able to record who gets a license and when they got it. Also a place for notes would be nice.

I've been using MS Excel, but it's not the best tool for this job. But the only other tools I've found have been very expensive or Access-based and clunky.

Can you give me any suggestions of a better way to handle licenses like this?

Thanks,
Jono

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back