Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

license problems with mscomct2.ocx in NT4 SP6

Status
Not open for further replies.

k24743

Technical User
Oct 7, 2000
FI

I have used monthview control in my software and in one NT4 sp6 workstation it´s not working. OLE error code is 0X80040112 Appropriate license for this class not found.

MSCOMCT2.OCX is registered and I have compared register of this "fail" workstation to another NT4 sp6 and it looks totally same. Also license data.

When I try to check it in Oleview.exe the error message is:

iClassfactory::CreateInstance failed.
<no system message defined> range: CLASSFACTORY_E_FIRST...CLASSFACTORY_E_LAST ($80040112)

All tips are very very wellcome!!

- Marko

have you uninstalled some software not log ago?

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

AIM: IonFilipski
filipski@excite.com

Can´t be sure. There is possibility that this customer has done uninstalls..
Answer is &quot;maybe&quot; :) - why ?

there could be some components licensed just for developing software, but not for using them. For example, when you uninstall VisualStudio, you can not use MSFlexGrid without special license

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

filipski@excite.com

Yes that´s true but in case i am using MSCOMCT2.OCX and monthview component ? I suppose It is OK to use it and all I should do is to register it ?
Maybe I am totally wrong with this idea that microsoft offers these components for free use.
In that workstation there is also Office 2000 installed and all other .ocx libraries are working. (of course :))

I appreciate your comments!

Marko

maybe MSCOMCT2.OCX is not registered completely?
try to find MSCOMCT2.OCX and type incommand line
regsvr32 MSCOMCT2.OCX

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

filipski@excite.com

It is license problem (I think) and I have registered it with regsvr32 and regocx32 .. etc.
I won´t use no activex any more ;)

t. Marko

if so, you really need a licence.

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

filipski@excite.com

Yes. Problem is somehow solved now. I found the right license key and added it to problem workstation. It´s working now.

Only question is why there was no license - because I checked that even office 2000 was installed..
Am I allowed to put this register(license) export to our software install - we are registering it allready but in case there is this kind of license problem ..

yes, there could be some software licensed for some comersial products, and if you use without that product, you need another linence.

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

filipski@excite.com

This is odd that you should be required to have a special license for something that is a major part of the VB 6 RunTime. Have you tried simply installing VB6 RT on the clients machine???

MSCAL.OCX & MSCOMCT2.OCX are two OCX we generally used for Calendar utilties. But these two needs license to use.
This comes with MS Access software. It was free along with MS Office/Access 97 but later it is been copyrighted.
So in your case , the previous version is over wiritten
with the licensed one during some install & uninstallation process.

- vulcanjena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back