Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

License Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikenb

Technical User
Apr 1, 2003
PT
Hi!

I had Brightstor V9 (build 1868) installed in a W2k server SP4 on drive C: working with no problems. But i had to change to another drive on the same server. I changed and put my licenses but the brightstor now didn´t recognize the licenses... :(

Can anyone help me???

Thanks

Mike

Uninstall it from the first server
remove all entries from the registry for it

David is right:

first uninstall, manuallay remove Reg-entries (like Computer Associates, CA Lic....) and delete the CA_LIC directory on Drive C (first you have to restart before you can delete).
Then re-install.
HtH
Peter

Oh, that's right don't forget the CALIC directory I totally forgot about that.

Hi!

I had a job to make the backup my exchange server with gsm enabled. Is a diferential job with a full backup on friday. But he only makes the backup to the Storage Group on the full backup. :S In the diferential always gives two errors.

E8604
Failed to start backup. (DBNAME=First Storage Group transaction, EC=PTSFSEXC:Backup Agent Error -- (1356) "Exchange Server Error. HrESEBackupSetup failed. Mount the databases before backup. Check Backup Agent Activity Log".)

E8604
Failed to start backup. (DBNAME=First Storage Group transaction, EC=PTSFSEXC:Backup Agent Error -- (1361) "Exchange Server Error. HrESEBackupInstanceEnd failed. Check Backup Agent Activity Log".)

I had the Exchange agent configured and works fine. The brick level job always work.

The servers had the W2k Server /SP4 and the exchange 2K /SP3 and i use the brightstor V9 build 2020

Thanks

Mike

New problems belong in new threads. It makes it easier for others to use the search feature and find their answers from the previous threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back