Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

License Migration Error: "Creating License Information File Has Failed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lleeNC

Vendor
Aug 29, 2018
US
All,

I'm about 90% sure this is an issue with a security program on my work laptop. Just want to see if anyone else came across this issue before?

Trying to generate an XML for license migration through a customer's V2. Tools -> License Migration.

Every time I try to generate one it gives me "Creating license information file has failed." It does generate the ZIP folder but the XML file is has a size of 0KB.

I've tried this on different customers ranging from 9.1 to 11.1.2.x. I've also tried it on a different work laptop and same thing.

I'm able to generate it successfully using a non-work laptop or computer. Just not sure what is possibly blocking it. Currently in contact with our IT department to see what is going on.

I'll post a resolution here if we get one.

never had issues with it

Try to temporarily turn off your virus protection program

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Update,

I'm 99.9999% positive this is a network issue. We narrowed it down to our VPN, which connects to our corporate network. So most likely Domain Controller or Firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back